PNL, hypnosis, metaphors, transgenerational, systemic, storytelling
Example of a typical session. When Elodie, a young woman around 20, comes to see me, she wonders why she has had psoriasis on her scalp since September, and why the treatments aren't working. Beginning with the function of the skin (contact) and hair (protection, esthetics), the hypothesis is that Elodie might have experienced a period where her self-image was the product of an important separation.
Therefore I asked her if during this period (the summer before the psoriasis appeared) she had experienced a particular event where she felt that her identity was questioned as if she was ashamed of her looks. A period linked to a separation, either from someone or some pleasure. Elodie remembered the precise moment that she felt this. Her boyfriend had broken up with her because he had met another girl ! This feeling immediately reminded her of another event in her life. She was young, and the other students at her school made fun of her and her frizzy hair. She was ashamed and wished she could look different. It was as if she separated from herself and the others at the same time !
The programming shock dated from her childhood! She recognized all the suffering and emotion that she had experienced as a young girl and had been trying to run away from all these years. This was the opportunity to free herself and change her self-image. A month later, her psoriasis had disappeared.
For obvious reasons of confidentiality, the name and certain elements in the example were
Note : This example of the resolution of a programing shock is real, but obviously, the therapy sometimes takes longer and require specific exercises and procedures.
I offer therapeutic support based on hypotheses and the following principles :
- I listen to the patient and his/her version of reality. I offer possibilities; I do not impose my own perspective!
- I respect the beliefs and values of each individual.
- I guide the individual toward his/her own interior resources.
- I help the individual access and release blocked emotions.
- I accept all realities without making judgments.
- I support patients in their search for the meaning of the symptom.
- I help patients rediscover an equilibrium.
- I allow individuals the freedom to be responsible for their own healing.
- I respect the professional framework and code of ethics.